Gain New Perspectives on the World Christian Movement
Starting Jan. 8
Marion Baptist Association is once again pleased to host the in-person course, "Perspectives on the World Christian Movement." This comprehensive and thought-provoking program is designed to equip you with a deeper understanding of global missions and the diverse perspectives that shape the world of Christianity. Whether you are a seasoned missionary, a church leader, or simply someone with a passion for global outreach, this course will challenge and inspire you to engage with the world in a whole new way. Or, if you just want to know what this is all about, click here to learn how to attend the first three sessions for Free!Register For Class
Registration for the Spring 2024 class is now open. Check this link for registration information: perspectives.org/courses/ocala-fl-s24
Discover the Global Church
Dive into the rich tapestry of the global Christian community and gain a deeper appreciation for its diversity and cultural expressions. Through engaging lectures, interactive discussions, and real-life case studies, you will explore the various contexts in which Christianity thrives around the world.
Uncover Historical and Contemporary Perspectives
Trace the historical development of missions and explore the different approaches and strategies employed by missionaries throughout the ages. From the early church to modern-day movements, you will gain valuable insights into the challenges, successes, and lessons learned from those who have dedicated their lives to spreading the Gospel.
Engage with Current Issues
Stay informed about the pressing issues facing the world Christian movement today. The course delves into topics such as social justice, religious pluralism, unreached people groups, and the role of the Church in addressing global challenges. You will be encouraged to think critically and develop a well-rounded perspective on these important matters.
Learn from Expert Instructors
Learn from a team of experienced instructors who are passionate about global missions and have firsthand knowledge of the topics they teach. They bring a wealth of expertise and diverse perspectives to the table, ensuring a well-rounded and engaging learning experience.
Connect and Collaborate
Engage with fellow participants from different backgrounds and experiences, fostering a vibrant learning community. Through group discussions, networking opportunities, and collaborative projects, you will have the chance to build meaningful connections with like-minded individuals who share your passion for global missions.
Attend Free Sessions
We will be hosting the Spring 2024 semester of Perspectives at the College Road Baptist Church Ocala Campus. Classes wlll take place on Monday eventings Starting at 6 pm on January 8th Members of MBA churches can attend the orientation session (1/8) Lesson 1 (1/15) and Lesson 2 (1/22) for free. You can also download the first two lesson's study guides, articles and videos at no charge using the links below. This is the best way of discovering whether or not Perspectives is for you.
How to Enroll
Enroll in the "Perspectives on the World Christian Movement" course today and embark on a transformative journey that will broaden your understanding of global missions and the diverse perspectives that shape the world of Christianity. Gain new insights, challenge your assumptions, and be inspired to make a lasting impact in the world. Join us at College Road Baptist Church starting January 8th, and let us equip you to become a more informed and engaged participant in the world Christian movement.
The "Perspectives on the World Christian Movement" course is a comprehensive program that explores various aspects of global missions and the diverse perspectives that shape the world of Christianity. Here is an overview of the content covered in the course:
1. The Biblical Basis of Missions: This section delves into the biblical foundations of missions, exploring key passages and principles that highlight God's heart for the nations and His desire for all people to hear the Gospel.
2. The Historical Development of Missions: Trace the history of missions from the early church to modern-day movements. Learn about influential figures, significant events, and the various approaches and strategies employed by missionaries throughout the ages.
3. Cultural Anthropology: Gain a deeper understanding of different cultures and their impact on the spread of Christianity. Explore the concepts of cultural relativism, contextualization, and cross-cultural communication to effectively engage with diverse communities.
4. Unreached People Groups: Discover the reality of unreached people groups around the world and the challenges they face in accessing the Gospel. Learn about strategies for reaching these groups and the importance of cultural sensitivity in cross-cultural missions.
5. The Role of the Church: Explore the role of the local church in global missions and the importance of mobilizing and equipping believers to engage in cross-cultural ministry. Discover practical ways to engage your church community in missions and make a lasting impact.
6. Current Issues in Missions: Stay informed about the pressing issues facing the world Christian movement today. Topics covered may include social justice, religious pluralism, humanitarian aid, and the role of the Church in addressing global challenges.
7. Strategic Perspectives: Gain insights into strategic approaches to missions, including church planting, discipleship, leadership development, and community transformation. Learn from real-life case studies and success stories from around the world.
8. Personal Discipleship and Missions: Explore how your personal journey of discipleship intersects with the call to missions. Discover how to cultivate a missional mindset and integrate global missions into your everyday life.
Throughout the course, you will have the opportunity to engage in interactive discussions, participate in group activities, and learn from experienced instructors who bring a wealth of knowledge and diverse perspectives to the table. By the end of the course, you will have a deeper understanding of global missions, a broader perspective on the world Christian movement, and practical tools to make a difference in the world.