What is the Gospel?
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the good news of God's grace and mercy through Jesus Christ. It is the message that God sent His Son to die for our sins and to provide us with the gift of salvation. It is the promise of eternal life to all who believe in Jesus and accept Him as their Lord and Savior.
How to become a follower of Jesus:
1. Acknowledge that you are a sinner: The Bible says, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
2. Recognize that Jesus is the only way to salvation: The Bible says, “For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus” (1 Timothy 2:5).
3. Repent of your sins: The Bible says, “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out” (Acts 3:19).
4. Believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead: The Bible says, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).
5. Invite Jesus into your life: The Bible says, “If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9).
6. Follow Jesus as your Lord and Savior: The Bible says, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” (2 Corinthians 5:17).
7. Join a Bible-teaching church: The Bible Says: "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near." (Hebrews 10: 23-25).